Thursday 7 June 2012

The waiting is almost over!

I'm all packed and ready to go!

In just under an hour I'll be setting off for London. I'm due to arrive at the hospital by 12 noon, for last minute checks and tests, ready for my surgery tomorrow, Friday 8th June.

I was so relieved when I called the ward yesterday and was told that yes, there is a bed for you! My thoughts are so different even to a year ago, when I would never have imagined preparing to go into hospital for such an operation with such calmness.

Everyone has been so supportive and helpful - even the girl who cut my hair yesterday suggested the salon brand of dry shampoo, which apparently her colleagues (who have hair extensions for example) use to avoid washing their hair for up to 2 weeks!

So here we go! I hope I'll be able to update on how things have gone before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment